Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Comment Belatedly Posted

This comment was made several weeks ago in response to the  post "Two Old Stories."  (I'm still catching on about opening and posting comments.)

"Women of all religions, and poor women for the most part, were treated with disdain by religious leaders, doctors, etc....

"My mother, Jewish, was allowed to be in labor for days...when my father was asked: Who do you want us to save--the baby or your wife? My sister, Penelope, choked by the umbilical cord, was born dead. My mother survived to have 3 children. My father who asked in response to the doctors' question: Can't you save both? was forever mistrusted by my mother's sister as a result.

"My mother was in the same generation of women who wrote about their experiences above. Similar attitudes towards women condemning them to a less than heavenly life here on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment